The Empire KnowledgeBank (EKB) eLearning Program allows employees represented by the Graduate Student Employees Union (GSEU) to access eLearning products provided by Enterprise Training Solutions, Inc. through the EKB license. Employees will have the opportunity to access thousands of eLearning courses, eBooks and short course videos for opportunities to enhance their professional and career development, for certification preparation and continuing education in a variety of areas.
The EKB license can be accessed anytime and anywhere with an internet connection. The license is funded through the labor-management funds negotiated between the State and GSEU and provided at no expense to the campus or the employee.
To facilitate searching through the EKB products, employees may submit a request to have products bundled by subject area by emailing a request to [email protected].
EKB eLearning Collection
The eLearning products include courses, eBooks and videos in the following areas:
- Business and Professional Development
- Desktop Software
- Project Management
- Manager Essentials
- Decision Making
- Technical such as:
- Software Development
Additional information about the EKB eLearning products may be accessed with the following links:
- http://www.enterprisetraining.com/certifications.php - provides training mapped to certification preparation
- http://www.enterprisetraining.com/Accreditation-Programs.html - provides training that supports accreditation and Continuing Education Units (CEU)
General Program Information
- The EKB license will be valid from April 1, 2019 through March 31, 2020.
- Employees must apply for the EKB license using the NYS/GSEU EKB eLearning Program License Application.
- The EKB license may be accessed anytime and anywhere with an internet connection.
- Employees who want to use the EKB license during normal business hours for job or career related courses must request prior approval of the appropriate division, department or program staff.
- If an employee does not use the EKB license within 60 days of the date issued, the license may be deactivated.
All GSEU-represented employees are eligible to apply for the EKB license.
- To apply for the EKB license, employees must complete the NYS/GSEU EKB eLearning Program License Application and submit it to the address on the application.
- The EKB licenses will be issued on a first come basis.
Empire KnowledgeBank (EKB) eLearning Program License Application
There is no application deadline, however, licenses expire on March 31, 2020 which is the program end date.